9.16.2008

Water Buffalo


One of the iconic images of Cambodia is a kid sitting on top of a water buffalo. It's adorable. Every time I visit the provinces with our WR translator, Engchy, I ask if I can ride one. Each time, he suggests that I jump up on some random animal we pass while driving. That's hardly something I would feel comfortable doing.

This afternoon, we visited a church training on HIV/AIDS. When one of our staff mentioned that I wanted to ride a water buffalo, the pastor went to find one of his own animals out in the rice fields. Thirty minutes later, I was sitting on it!

2 comments:

T said...

I can't resist:

"Everyone's got a water buffalo; yours is fast but mine is slow. Where did they come from? I don't know, but everybody's got a water buffalooooooooo!"

Seriously, that is an adorable picture.

abbs said...

i think you're cuter than a kid on a water buffalo... and you can quote me on that.