4.12.2008

Solved

The mouse is dead. Of course, this didn't happen without a lot of hilarity. Mainly in the form of other people laughing at my expression regarding the mouse. Grace, who works with me, taunted me by telling me the mouse followed me to work; the woman at the store who sold me a mousetrap laughed as I shivered in the aisle at purchasing poison. And then there was a memorable conversation with the neighborhood.


First, the trap. I bought a glue trap (which is completely inhumane, blah blah blah). I have very little compassion for this mouse. Also, everyone else told me to get a cat, so I think this is the least awful way for the mouse to go. As you can see... the glue trap is quite colorful.




Note that the mouse has little electric-looking shocks coming off of him. When I showed the trap to the neighbors to let them know that we had a mouse problem, they became very concerned. After trying to decipher why they were upset, I realized they thought that we were going to electrocute the mouse. I'm not even sure how you would go about killing a mouse in that fashion. I assured them that we were just going to get it nice and stuck.

And in the end, the mouse was nice and stuck (and dead!) and we (mainly Deanna) removed him from the laundry room and the apartment is mouse-free once again. I'm now free to eat as many snacks as I wish. I did, however, see a mouse at the office the other day. Do you think they are following me?

3 comments:

Louis K said...

Oh you have a blog

Ravi said...

Being a nerd, I feel I must comment on your curiosity about how you would go about electrocuting a mouse. All it takes is a little electric current (made possible by batteries, wires, and some sort of conductive plate) and some cheese! One might even call this little device the "Rat Zapper 2000"! :)http://www.pestproducts.com/rat_zapper.htm

eraine said...

Hm. I used to have a pet mouse...