12.25.2007

Travel

Instead of hoping for snow and searching out good deals on post-holiday sales, I'm off on a bit of a journey. A friend and I are taking off for Laos on Christmas afternoon with six days to explore some of the Northern parts of the country. We have two basic goals: to make it to Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and apparently all-around amazing place; and to ride an elephant at one of the eco-tourism places in the area. I'll be able to report on whether or not we achieve these objectives after the New Year, when I'll be back in Phnom Penh.

Of course, photos to come at that point, too. As quite a few Cambodians have sang to me in the last few days, now I'll share with you... I wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Well, you should get ready for some people traveling to you! We surpirsed Phil on Christmas with a passport application. So as of now, its a go. We are looking at Leaving May 8 and then catching the flight home on May 22. So will keep you updated!

Unknown said...

Kate! Merry Christmas and almost Happy New Year! I'm writing you an email instead of going public ;p But I just wanted to feel cool and post you some kind of comment on your blog!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kate. If I read the comments correctly Phil is coming to Cambodia? Your little brother? If it is your Phil I do not think that country is ready for him. Ha ha. Man, to be a bug on the wall when he is there.
Love you.
Uncle Jim

Kate said...

Uncle Jim--

You'd be a pretty big bug on the wall! But not much bigger than what I'm used to! Phil and Liz are coming, and I'm not sure Cambodia is ready for 3 Piepers (well, 2 at least).