11.21.2008

Counting Votes

In lieu of a sensitive, thought-provoking and well-written blog post on my life, I thought I'd update about the voting that took place a few weeks ago. Turns out people actually like me! And your liking has translated into something good (i.e. other than simply elevating my self-esteem): those 19 votes made it possible for me to trounce other entries in this online competition (which is probably more about having fun than winning, but...). In the spirit of teamwork, you should know this makes all of us winners (now don't you feel good?!).

Your prize is my gratitude, and the chance to view a more recent photo of me, in what is called the Hall of Fame. Since I don't play any professional sports (for good reason), this may be my only chance to say that. Also, by viewing said photo, you will realize that Cambodian children don't follow me everywhere (see photo to the side) and that I have, in fact, cut my hair at least once in the last year or so.

Apparently this competition is ongoing, with new themes every month. I'll do the site engineer, Angela, a favor and offer up chances to compete (if you're a blogger), or you can request that I participate again and give you another chance to vote for me and boost my self-regard even higher (yes, it's possible). As my Cambodian friends say, "up to you."

2 comments:

Deanna Ruark said...

All of Kate's friends should please do the following:

1: Find a photo of Kate.
2: Stand facing said photo.
3: Place hands in front of you in the "praying" position.
4: Bend repeatedly from the waist, while continuing to face photo of Kate and hold hands in the "prayer" position.

In this way, you will be paying due homage to the One And Only, Great, Amazing, Wonderful Kate Pieper. Also, it is an appropriate gesture of respect within the cultural context of Cambodia.

Angela Moore said...

Congrats Kate. It's nice to have you in A Month of Stuff infamy!