2.02.2008

Again

Well, it’s been 4 months, so it’s time for another moto accident. (Did you think I was proposed to again? Sorry… but keep reading for wedding-related commentary.) Today, though, I had the misfortune of being the sole cause, and carrying a passenger at the time. We hit a bump, she wasn’t holding on, fell forward, and pushed me over the front of the bike. While attempting to gain my balance, we turned the bike on its side and ended up sprawled on the dirt road. Fortunately, it’s dry and dusty right now, so it was a soft landing and we’re unharmed. I do, however, have elbow and knee scrapes on the other side of my body to match the ones from the first accident. So, one could make the argument that I subconsciously tipped the bike in favor of scar symmetry.

I am fine. The passenger is fine. The bike is fine. The pink helmet is fine. My black flip flops, which I was wearing while driving, are fine. Maybe it’s time to look into full body street gear. Then again, that stuff is unbearably hot.

Also, this morning I went to a portion of a wedding ceremony (not my own, obviously) and even participated! (during the “carry in the fruit” portion, I carried the fruit-flavored soda) I also learned, from the pastor, that brides should be younger than their husbands, and that women are more beautiful because Adam (man #1) came from the dust (and up close, dust is not cute, as I learned in the afternoon). Sorry, dudes, but that apparently means you’re destined to be less pretty than those of us who were made from ribs. And you have to wait longer to be married. I’m sure all the males in the world have somehow figured out some other advantage over women that outweighs these hardships. Pregnancy comes to mind.

I think I’ll go reflect upon today’s lessons with my new addiction—the fruit shake. More on that development later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh!

~ Joshua Harber said...

Glad you are okay!

Ravi said...

Hmm...how does that stereotype go....is it Asian women that are bad drivers or women in Asia...just kidding, I'm not a complete sexist...