3.04.2008

Project

In about 3 weeks, I'll be getting a roommate. Which means that some outstanding apartment-decoration/comfort issues need to be taken care of by that point. The first step is dealing with the "couch." As pictured here, it's wooden, lovely, and highly uncomfortable. On my own, I have a comfy chair, which is good enough. But now that there's another person who might also want to sit on something that's unlikely to splinter... well, it gave me a project.

Here is the couch "before":

For awhile, it doubled as a bookshelf. Which gives you an idea of how useful/comfortable it is. I hired a tailor, who, instead of making the cushions, took me to a shop where I could buy them. After much negotiation (and confusion), I ended up with cushions. Here they are:



Let's go in for a close up, shall we?

Right. Hideous. I refused to subject a poor defenseless roomate to those cushions, not to mention my own eyes. So, the tailor made covers for me. They're... red:

But, I really like them. So here's the end result:


That's my "living room" as it were... and the cushions, though hideous, are actually pretty comfortable (I'm on the couch right now). Onto the next project... defrosting my freezer. Probably no pictures of that adventure.

2 comments:

Ravi said...

Great room! I would live there! Unlike you, I subjected my roommates to my 70's furniture that my parents gave it. That's right, it's older than the both of us :)

Unknown said...

I especially like the teal of your chair with the red of your new cushions! Yay for roommates!