1.21.2008

Kheb

Because I just told you all about fun with language, here's another (brief) story about how much I love living in a place with a non-Roman alphabet.

I ordered food the other day and had it delivered. They took my name for the order, and I spelled out K-A-T-E for them. When I looked at the receipt, I discovered that, apparently, my name can also be spelled "Kheb." I'm not sure if this should be my new Cambodian name.

Next time I'm in the States, I am totally going to tell the Starbucks barista that my name is Kheb. I want that name on my cup...

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Ravi said...

Kheb,
I can totally sympathize with you! But it is kinda fun isn't it?!
-Rafi, Rabi, Robi (take your pick)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kheb!

Hope you are enjoying "winter" in Cambodia! It sounds like you are having fun moments. Peace!